Turmeric Lemon Ginger Pear Muffins
Trade in typical muffins full of refined sugars and overly processed ingredients for our version, infused with nutrients and superfoods! Our healthy muffins feature the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, and digestive-easing ginger, making this one of our best gluten-free recipes. Top it off with Rawcology Lemon Ginger with Camu Camu Raw Crunch Granola for that extra crunch and citrus kick.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup date sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup diced pear (the riper the better)
- 1 egg (or substitute with flax egg for vegan option)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts and Rawcology Lemon Ginger with Camu Camu Raw Crunch Granola for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin tin with parchment cups.
- Make flax egg - 1 tablespoon ground flax and 2 ½ tablespoon water. Set aside until it becomes gummy.
- In large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together all wet ingredients, except for the pear, adding the egg or flax egg last.
- Add wet to dry and combine until well mixed.
- Fold in diced pear.
- Use large spoon or ice cream scoop go evenly distribute batter to prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins rest 10 minutes in baking tin and then remove onto wire cooling rack.
- Add toppings, we put walnuts and our Lemon Ginger with Camu Camu Granola on top. Enjoy!