4 Key Ingredients to Build a Blood Sugar Balancing Smoothie Bowl
We may do a lot of cooking and baking, but we always come back to packed, artful smoothie bowls to get us through the week, or day ... or just the morning, sometimes it's just getting through the morning that counts!
We build out our bowls to have four key ingredients to help balance blood sugar levels, keep us satiated and nourished.
- Protein: most often the first step for a balanced breakfast to help build and repair cells
- Fibre: keep your gut happy and digestion in check
- Healthy Fats: these are essential for balancing blood sugar, providing energy and helping to absorb vitamins from the other foods in your meal
- Greens: never not loving our plants - support your microbiome and provide essential vitamins for immune boosting benefits
Here's a good mix to try out!
- 1/2 cup water or plant based milk of choice
- 1 chunk ginger
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp açai berry powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Rawcology Blueberry Granola with Açai
- Add everything but the granola into a high speed blender and blend on high until you've achieved a creamy consistency.
- Top with berries, fresh mint and Blueberry Grain Free Granola.