Plant Based Strawberry Tart
Berry tarty good vibes going down this Sunday afternoon
Here's a plant based, gluten free, minimal bake dessert that is sure to please!
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 2 cups Rawcology Chocolate Oat Clusters with Probiotics
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or natural sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 11 inch springform tart pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add oats and Chocolate Oat Clusters into the base of a food processor and blend together. Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Pour onto the tart shell and using your hands and fingers, press the crust up the sides of the springform. Use a flat bottomed ramekin to firmly press the crust into the pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place strawberries, lemon juice and zest, maple syrup and arrowroot starch into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add coconut milk and agar agar powder. Whisk to combine. Gently bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, whisking often.
- Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat, add vanilla and stir. Allow mixture to cool slightly for about 10 minutes. Add to blender and blend again. Tap blender a few times to release as many air bubbles as you can and then pour onto prepared crust. Smoothing out the top with an offset spatula if needed.
- Place into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once ready to eat, gently remove the springform. This can be tricky but achievable! Place onto a serving plate and top as desired.