Apple Cinnamon Oat Cluster Cups
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax and 5 tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup cashew milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 6 tbsp mashed banana (1 small)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups oats
- ½ cup Rawcology Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters, ground and divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Spray or coat a muffin tin with coconut spray/oil. Set aside.
- Prepare flax eggs by whisking flax and water together. Set aside to gel for 10 minutes. Meanwhile combine wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Using a food processor, grind oat clusters. Divide into two equal parts. Combine dry ingredients -oats, ¼ cup oat clusters, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom and salt. Stir to combine.
- Peel and quarter apple. Cut into small, diced pieces.
- Combine wet to dry. Fold in flax egg. Lastly fold in apple and chopped walnuts.
- Fill muffin tin to the rim and garnish with remaining oat cluster “sand”.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in tin before removing. Use a knife to gently guide cups out of the muffin tin. Enjoy!