Oh Hello Glorious Galettes!
Delightful, light and flaky, fruity or savoury, these are a quick and easy ‘cousin of the pie’ desert that always satisfies. Here we used an easy vegan dough recipe with just SIX ingredients. Bake and revel in galette goodness!
- 2 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 2 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp golden sugar
- 2 tsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour (for dusting)
- 1 homemade pie crust (recipe from @cannelleetvanille)
- 2 ½ cup gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 7 oz vegan butter, well chilled & cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp non-dairy yogurt or sub apple sauce
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Pinch of vanilla (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Slice apricots in small slices.
- Add cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener and cornstarch and toss well to combine.
- Spritz cookie sheet with water and place parchment paper on it. Lightly dust parchment with brown rice flour.
- Place dough on parchment. Roll out pie dough (working quickly) until you have an imperfect circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place apricots in middle of prepared dough leaving about 3 inches of dough at the side. Using the parchment paper as a guide gently fold dough over the fruit. The middle will be left open.
- Melt butter. With a pastry brush add butter to edges of galette and sprinkle with golden sugar.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with dairy free ice cream. Optional to top with Banana with Maca Granola and Enjoy!