Oh Hello Glorious Galettes!
Delightful, light and flaky, fruity or savoury, these are a quick and easy ‘cousin of the pie’ desert that always satisfies. Here we used an easy vegan dough recipe with just SIX ingredients. Bake and revel in galette goodness!Apricots are full of vitamins and minerals and make a great addition to a healthful diet. Their rich orange colour due to beta-carotene, promotes healthy skin and mucous membranes, and helps to build a strong immune system. The significant potassium levels in apricots help supply a mineral that is critical to our health. Potassium regulates fluid balance in the body, increases bone mineral density, and supports the proper functioning of the heart and brain. The benefits of apricots also include a boost in skin health, liver protection, and gut health.
- 2 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 2 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp golden sugar
- 2 tsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour (for dusting)
- 1 homemade pie crust (recipe from @cannelleetvanille)
- 2 ½ cup gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 7 oz vegan butter, well chilled & cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp non-dairy yogurt or sub apple sauce
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Pinch of vanilla (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Slice apricots in small slices.
- Add cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener and cornstarch and toss well to combine.
- Spritz cookie sheet with water and place parchment paper on it. Lightly dust parchment with brown rice flour.
- Place dough on parchment. Roll out pie dough (working quickly) until you have an imperfect circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place apricots in middle of prepared dough leaving about 3 inches of dough at the side. Using the parchment paper as a guide gently fold dough over the fruit. The middle will be left open.
- Melt butter. With a pastry brush add butter to edges of galette and sprinkle with golden sugar.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with dairy free ice cream. Optional to top with Banana with Maca Granola and Enjoy!