Quinoa Green Bean Corn Salad
Here’s a beat-the-heat, protein rich summer salad that fills you up, checks all the boxes for flavour and keeps in the fridge for multi-day enjoyment. Stay cool out there! 😎
- 2 ½ cups green beans, chopped
- ½ package firm tofu (drained and pressed), cubed
- ½ cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup corn niblets (ideally farm fresh)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil, more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, finely shopped
- ¼ cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped or sub hemp hearts for nut free
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place beans, asparagus and garlic in pan and sauté for several minutes.
- Add in tofu and toss to combine.
- Finally add in corn, toss to combine and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix quinoa and cooked veggies together.
- Add in tomatoes, chili flakes and herbs and gently fold in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with vegan feta, walnuts or hemp hearts, a drizzle of olive oil and Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips. Enjoy! 💫