Radish & Apple Chickpea Cucumber Salad
This heat wave has us craving a super fresh, crunchy, crisp salad that fuels our action-packed days. This salad works perfectly as an easy lunch for the whole family or a larger group if you have a socially distanced “bubble” BBQ planned during these warm weather weekends. Put this salad as a go-to on the top of the list!
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 pink lady apple, thinly sliced
- 4 cups garden greens
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts (or sub hemp hearts for nut free)
- Pink salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Using a mandolin (and a finger protector!), thinly slice radishes and cucumber and set aside.
- You can either use canned chickpeas rinsed and dried or precook your own. In a large mixing bowl, add your greens and chickpeas, dress with 1 tbsp of vinaigrette and season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and place radishes, cucumber and apple on top. Finish with herbs and walnuts and the last tbsp of vinaigrette.
- Season again with pink salt, pepper and crumbled Rockin’ Ranch Coconut Chips. Serve and enjoy! 🌟