Has there ever been an easier, more satisfying, whole food Fall dessert than a baked apple? We think not! Enjoy this seasonal favourite that takes 5 minutes to put together and leaves your home smelling like happiness.
An Apple a Day may Really Keep the Doctor Away
Apples are an excellent source of vitamin C, pectin, and other fibers. Most of the apple’s important nutrients are held within the skin, it provides a great source of fiber and many important phytochemicals, providing health benefits to reduce the risk of major chronic diseases. Apples high fiber and antioxidant content helps digestion, detoxify the liver, regulate cholesterol levels, and can help make your immune system more resilient. Eating more apples is an easy, positive change to incorporate into your daily routine.
- 3 large apples
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Rawcology Banana Granola
- Ice cream, kefir or coconut whip
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash apples and remove core leaving bottom intact so the filling remains inside the apple.
- Place butter, sugar, cinnamon, pecans and granola in a bowl. Divide filling into the apples.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes depending on size of apples.
- Top with ice cream, kefir, coconut whip and an extra crumble of banana granola. Enjoy a taste of Fall!