Mini Apple Pie Tarts
Here is a plant based pie recipe that is as easy as... apple pie! Whether for celebrations or maybe just for breakfast (no judgment, that's how we roll), we love the probiotic boost and apple cinnamon flavour combo!
- 2 large apples, diced
- 3 tbsp arrowroot flour or ground flax
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar, reserve 1 tbsp for dusting
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch pink salt
- Store bought or homemade dough
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Probiotics, ground
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Wash apples and dry thoroughly. Cut them into 4 pieces, removing core. Dice and put into a large bowl. Dust apples with arrowroot flour, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Put oat clusters into a small food processor, grind and mix with the apples. Toss mixture to combine.
- Grease mini tart shells with coconut oil. Using homemade or store-bought pie dough, roll out into 4 circles and measure dough for 4-5” mini tart shells.
- Gently place dough into greased tart shell and prick liberally with a fork. Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips to make the lattice or if you prefer, roll out a crust for the top of your pies.
- Scoop approximately 3/4 cup of apple pie filling into the tart shells. Top with lattice. Brush the tops of your pies with milk and sprinkle with reserved coconut sugar.
- Place mini pies on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until pies start to turn golden brown. Enjoy topped with ice cream and more crumbled Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters!