Did you know that research has shown curcumin, found in turmeric, could be beneficial for slowing dementia and Alzheimer's?
It's #worldalzheimersday and we are sharing this recipe and encouraging you to get curious about how we can take care of our brains from the foods we eat.
For those interested in learning more see below. We've linked some great resources and ways you can support the awareness and research campaigns for this disease that affects 44 million people worldwide.
A pretty good reason to dive into this pasta dish also, right?
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 package gluten free spaghetti
- Vegan Parmesan, grated
- Handful micro greens
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta till al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water.
- Drain cashews and place in a high-speed blender.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and chili flakes. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Scrape onion garlic mixture into the blender and add lemon juice, dijon, turmeric, nutritional yeast, sea salt, cracked pepper and 1/2 cup pasta water. Turn blender on high, scraping down sides as needed. If sauce appears too thick add 1-2 tbsp more pasta water. Check for seasoning.
- Add cooked pasta into pan and pour sauce over. Use tongs to thoroughly coat noodles, again add a splash of pasta water if needed. Garnish with chili flakes, more cracked pepper and micro greens. Enjoy!