Too much fun over the weekend on those zoom parties?
Add this beet smoothie into your morning routine for some brain boosting balance and some fruity veggie goodness for the gut, brain, heart and skin.
Eat more Beets for Your Heart, Brain, and Endurance
In addition to bringing a pop of colour to your smoothies, beets have an impressive nutritional profile. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Beets are especially rich in folate, a vitamin that plays a key role in growth, development, and heart health. Beets help your heart by lowering blood pressure. They are rich in inorganic nitrates, which the body converts to nitric oxide—this helps the blood vessels to dilate, reducing blood pressure and increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow to the brain supports mental and cognitive function.
We have these nitrates to thank again when it comes to improved circulation. Beets increase blood flow to your muscles and improving physical performance making them an UN-BEET-ABLE vegetable.
- 1 medium sized beet, roasted
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- Large handful spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients for smoothie.
- Pulse to get things moving then blend on high until completely mixed and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl or a glass and top with Rawcology Blueberry Granola and any additional fruit!