Chickpea Bok Choy Coconut Curry
This Chickpea and Bok Choy Coconut Curry with turmeric and fresh ginger is the type of comfort food recipe that soothes right now. Boost your immune system and feel good about eating a healthy plant based meal that nourishes! 🌱🥥
1 cup rice of choice
1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
2 tbsp vigin coconut oil
1 medium sized onion, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup frozen green peas
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/4 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup vegetables stock (or water)
1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained
1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 cups bok choy, chopped
1. Start cooking the rice according to specific instructions on the package.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, curry powder, turmeric, ginger, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute longer, stirring often to coat the onion and garlic in the spices.
3. Add the tomatoes and green peas. Add in the vegetable stock, tofu, chickpeas and coconut milk.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the lime juice, bok choy and keep on low heat until the greens cook down. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
6. Serve with a scoop of rice, top with Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips and enjoy! 🌟
Tagged: Main Dishes