Blackberry Nectarine Crisp
This easy-to-make, perfectly sweet and slightly tart, delicious blackberry nectarine crisp recipe is simply bursting with flavour! Full of free radical fighting antioxidants, immune strengthening vitamins, brain boosting minerals, and gut friendly fibre.
A scrumptious crisp made with fresh blackberries, sweet nectarines, cinnamon, and probiotic oat clusters. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate spring/summer dessert!
The powerful duo of blackberries and nectarines produces some serious health benefits.
- 3/4 cup Rawcology Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 6 nectarines thinly sliced (approx 6 cups)
- 1 cup blackberries sliced in half
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375d.
- Place apple clusters into a food processor and pulse several times to break down. Larger chunks are ok too.
- Mix clusters, oats, flour, cinnamon, sugar, salt and melted butter in a bowl. Mixture should hold together when pinched.
- Mix cut fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle sugar over top. Toss to combine.
- Scatter fruit into a deep dish pie plate and carefully top with crisp topping.
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet and slide into the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until crisp is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Wait for it to cool slightly before enjoying.
NOTE: if the nectarines are hard, sauté them with a little vegan butter, and even a splash of water.