Blueberry Lavender Muffins
Sweet, juicy, floral, and the perfect pairing with your afternoon tea. With sweet blueberries, aromatic lavender, and topped with a granola crumble, these gluten free, vegan muffins are bursting with flavour in every bite.
Lavender is reputed for its calming effects, helping to ease stress and anxiety. The antioxidant components in lavender can impact the endocrine system to reduce the levels of stress hormones in the body and boost the production of dopamine (your happy hormone). Lavender is very versatile, tea can be made from the flowers, essential oil can be diffused to promote a relaxing environment, or it can be consumed in your favourite baked goods.
- 2 flax egg
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Lakanto
- 1 tsp dried lavender finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4-1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup Rawcology Blueberry Grain Free Granola roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together water and flax and set aside to gel for 10 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out 11 muffins. Sprinkle chopped oat clusters on top of each muffin. Place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until done.
- A toothpick should come out clean when tested. Stores well in freezer.