Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter
You won't be making any mis-steaks on this Meatless Monday with this recipe!
What's for dinner? Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter!
Broccoli is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables out there with high amounts of vitamin A, C, E, K, B, potassium, selenium, potassium, magnesium and folic acid. It is one super packed veg!
We've done our fair share of veggie "steaks", from portobello to our favourite cauliflower with lemon and capers, but this broccoli spin on a veggie steak did not disappoint! The tomato "butter" base is creamy and full of roasted garlic flavour.
- 1 small head broccoli, cut in half
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large yellow onion, cut in wedges
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tsp pink salt
- Cracked pepper
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1/4 cup hot water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, we love @nutforcheese Nuts for Butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice broccoli into two steaks. Reserve any florets that fall away when cutting steaks. Place onions, broccoli florets and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place broccoli florets into same bowl a d drizzle with one-2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on same baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes turning once.
- Remove from oven. Transfer tomato, onion, thyme, garlic, beans, salt, pepper and hot water into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add butter and blend again until sauce is glossy.
- Pour sauce onto two plates. Place broccoli florets and steaks onto sauce and garnish with pomegranates, raisins and walnuts. Enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes