Fig, Plum and Kale Salad
September = the bridge between Summer and Fall
There is something comforting about this time when we shift into a crisper morning and add some warming spices and flavours on our plates. We're not totally done with those hot days, but we are starting to lean into the cozy welcome Fall feels.
This Fig, Plum and Kale Salad is a perfect "bridge" dish, light enough for a warm summer night eating al fresco.
If you want to make the recipe a heartier addition to dinner, and still keep it plant based, you can add walnuts, avocado, roasted tofu, or chickpeas.
- 5 cups kale, de-stemmed and massaged with oil
- 4 figs, quartered
- 2 plums, pit removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Rawcology Chocolate Coconut Chips
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, torn
- Pink salt and cracked pepper
- Place massaged kale into two bowls.
- Scatter figs, plums, mint and goat cheese onto of kale. Season with salt and pepper and finish with crumbled Chocolate Raw Cacao Coconut Chips.