Hasselback Squash in Butter Sage Sauce
Sunday Feasting with Hasselback Squash in Butter Sage Sauce
Is there anything better than a warm soothing Sunday night feast, carefully cooked and slowly enjoyed? That restorative slower pace type of eating where there's no rush and it's all about the enjoyment of nourishing, delicious food. This recipe fits the bill. Slow and soothing!
✨ 1 butternut squash
✨ 2 tbsp olive oil for brushing
✨ 2 tbsp vegan butter
✨ 1 tbsp olive oil
✨ 1/4 cup sage leaves
✨ 1/2 tsp sea salt
✨ Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice squash down the middle and scoop out seeds. Peel the squash and brush it with olive oil.
3. Place cut side down on baking sheet and roast for approximately 25-30 minutes until just tender enough for knife to cut through squash.
4. Place chopsticks on either side of squash. Use very sharp knife and slice carefully. The chopsticks will ensure you don’t slice too far down.
5. Place back in oven for 20-30 more minutes until squash is done.
6. In a sauce pan, add vegan butter and olive oil and melt over medium high heat until butter starts to brown.
7. Add in sage leaves until they start to crisp. Drizzle butter sauce over squash once it has been removed from oven and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!