The holidays season has official begun! We hope you are enjoying the festivities, ideally eating some tasty treats, like these plant-based cookies with royal icing, topped with rosemary and Chocolate Cinnamon Coconut Chips.
Rawcology’s Chocolate Coconut Chips have the perfect amount of chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth and makes for a delicious cookie topper. We combined superfoods raw cacao, cinnamon and organic coconut to create delicious snack. These coconut chips are sweetened with coconut nectar, making our chips an easy low-carb and low-sugar snack.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup Lakanto or sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp xantham hum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 tbsp cashew milk
- 1/4 cup Rawcology Chocolate Coconut Chips
- Rosemary sprigs
- Crushed rose petals or red sprinkles
- Place room temperature butter in a large mixing bowl with sweetener of choice. Use a stand mixer with paddle attachment or electric hand mixer to combine.
- Add in vanilla and combine again.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients until almost fully combined.
- Add in 2 tbsp milk, and if the dough appears too dry, add more. Dough should hold together easily without being sticky.
- Transfer dough to plastic wrap and form into a large disc. Cover well and place in the fridge for a minimum 30 minutes to allow butter to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Once ready to roll, dust a work surface with flour, and place dough on top. Use a rolling pin to roll to approximately 1/4” in thickness.
- Lightly dust your cookie cutters and make shapes.
- Carefully slide onto a silicone baking sheet and place in the oven for 12 minutes. Continue until all the dough is used.
- Allow cookies to cool completely until ready to decorate. These fun cookies are perfect on their own as well!
- 2 cups icing sugar more if needed
- 1 aquafaba egg=3 tbsp chickpea water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Whisk (or use electric hand mixer) aquafaba until soft peaks form.
Add in powdered sugar and mix with spatula to combine. Add in vanilla. If icing is too runny add more sugar.
Transfer to a piping bag and create decorations on your cookies.