Vegan Cheese Ball
Hosting a holiday celebration? This vegan cheese ball treat will be the talk of your party. Made with feel good ingredients such as cheesy coconut chips, nutritional yeast, and all the savoury spices.
If you’re going plant-based, cashews are one of the most versatile nuts. From a vegan cheese ball to cheesecake to nut-milk, cashews can make a great substitute for some of those recipes that contain dairy.Ingredients
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp miso light yellow or white
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup Rawcology Smokey cheese chopped
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Add cashews to a food processor with lemon juice, cream cheese, miso paste, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Add in fennel seeds and cracked pepper, pulse to combine.
- Scrape cheese in a mound into the middle of a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly into the shape of a ball.
- Place into a small bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and form into the shape of a ball.
- Coat ball with smokey cheese and pistachios. Place on a serving plate and serve with crackers, crudite, dried fruit and nuts.