Citrus Fennel Salad
Looking for something crunchy packed with Vitamin C and full of leafy plant goodness? 🧡
Let us introduce you to our new craving, the Crisp Citrus Fennel Salad! 🥬
We may not be officially in spring but this crisp and juicy salad is giving us life...along with a super charged immune boost. 👏
- 1 blood orange
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 4 - 6 cups leafy greens
- 1 cup radicchio, shaved
- 1 cup fennel, shaved
- ½ cup walnuts or sub hemp hearts for nut free
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Sea salt, cracked pepper and chilli flakes
- ⅛ - ¼ cup lime dressing
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Cut skin and pith off of each orange and slice in rounds.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the salad greens. Layer on shaved fennel, radicchio, walnuts and chickpeas.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar, seal and shake. Taste for seasoning.
- Drizzle 2 - 3 tbsp dressing. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with oranges, avocado, sea salt, cracked pepper and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Add more dressing if desired. Enjoy! ⭐