Green Goddess Soup
All the green goodness for a menu refresh to start the New Year full of flavour and nutrients!
This Plant Based Green Goddess Soup recipe soothes with loaded vitamin rich vegetables like kale, broccoli, fennel, and spinach.
- Kale is rich in vitamin, A, C, K, folate (which is great for our brain health), and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, calcium, and contains phosphorus, zinc and vitamin A.
- Fennel is anti-inflammatory and a source of folate and potassium.
- Spinach is a green powerhouse loaded with vitamin E (wonderful for skin health), magnesium, folic acid, calcium and the important mineral, iron. Iron contributes to balancing our hormone health and creating red blood cells that provide oxygen to our muscles.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 russet potato cubed
- 2 small broccoli crowns
- 4 cups kale torn
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Handful mint
- 1/2 avocado
- Rawcology Rockin' Coconut Chips
- Heat olive oil and chili flakes in a large pot. Add in diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add in garlic and russet potato. Toss to combine and cook for several minutes. Add in broccoli and fennel, mix and season with salt, cumin and pepper. Add in vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until potato and broccoli are fork tender. Approximately 15-20 minutes. Add in spinach and lemon juice. Cook until spinach has fully wilted. Add in avocado and remove from heat.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup. Season with salt, cracked pepper to taste and top with fresh mint, micro greens, Rockin' Ranch Coconut Chips.
Tagged: Main Dishes