Ice Cream Sandwiches
What’s better than ice-cream? Ice-cream between two chocolate chip cookies.
Ice-cream cookie sandwiches are an elite snack, especially on those hot summer days. These sammies are plant-based, refined sugar free, gluten free goodness, & contain health boosting butterfly powder.
Butterfly Pea Powder contains anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting components such as flavonoids, tannins and polyphenols. It is well-known in Ayurveda medicine as a brain herb, used to enhance memory, influence positive emotions, treat anxiety, depression, and stress.
Blue Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (just the hard part)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp Lakanto
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp blue butterfly powder
- Pinch salt
- Place everything into a food processor and blend for 3 minutes, scraping down as needed.
- Pour into a dish fitted with a lid and place in the freezer. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Stir cream and place back in the freezer covered for 30 more minutes. Stir again. Repeat 2 more times. This helps prevent the ice cream from being overly icy.
- 1 stick vegan butter room temperature
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- Beat butter until fluffy.
- Add in flax egg and beat again.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until homogeneous.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry to wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 and place parchment on a baking sheet.
- Use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop to measure out cookies leaving ample space apart for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop ice-cream between two cookies and roll in Chocolate Grain Free Granola. Enjoy!