Layered Chia Pudding Parfait
Looking for that afternoon pick me up? Layer Chia Pudding to the rescue!
Chia seeds contains protein, large amounts of fiber, antioxidants, omega 3's and are a natural, plant based source of energy!
You can make the chia pudding layers the night before and keep them cool in the fridge until that afternoon slump hits.
Add your yogurt of choice, fresh berries and two layers of Chocolate Grain Free Granola and POOF you're fuelled up for the rest of your day!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds x 3
- 1 cup milk of choice x 3
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla x 3
- 1 tsp Antioxidant Blend @unicornsuperfoods for the pink layer
- 1 tsp green spirulina for the green layer
- 1 tsp black goji berry powder for the purple layer
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- Prepare the chia puddings the night before in three separate jars with the chia seeds, milk of choice, pure vanilla and superfood powder.
- Shake jars vigorously and place them in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to make the parfait layer Rawcology Chocolate Granola in the base of a jar. Layer tri-coloured puddings layering in dairy-free yogurt in between if desired.
- Leftover chia will last for a few days stored in fridge for when the next craving hits! Enjoy!
Reasons Why You Should Start Eating Chia Seeds
Chia seeds may be small, but they sure are mighty. Chia seeds are often referred to as a “superfood”-they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, and antioxidants to support overall health.
- A diet high in sufficient fibre helps keep the digestive tract healthy. In just 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, it provides just under 10g of fibre, this is 30% of the daily recommendation at 25-30g
- High in plant-based Omega 3 fatty acids which improved cognitive function, decreases inflammation, improve risk factors for heart health, and support bone and joint health.
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants, which are compounds that fight free radical damage and prevent oxidative stress while also promoting tissue repair and protecting against skin damage.
- Reduce inflammation and decrease risk factors of heart disease, such as high cholesterol and blood pressure.