Sunday Brunchin' with a Vegan Frittata
Enjoy a slow Sunday brunch with this dill filled vegan plant based frittata that is full of flavour and creaminess. Get that protein in with a super blended mix of tofu and cashew milk seasoned perfectly with dijon, fresh dill, and smoked paprika.
Dig in! Bonus: Leftovers make for an excellent Monday lunch on the go!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium russet potato, cubed and parboiled
- 6 spears asparagus, chopped, save 2 for garnish
- 1 12oz package firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kala namak or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan goat cheese
- Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a deep set pie plate or 8-9 inch springform pan and set aside.
- Peel and cut potato, rinse and add to a small pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and cook onion until translucent. Add in garlic and chopped asparagus then add in cooked potato.
- In a blender, add tofu, milk, starch, nutritional yeast, and all the spices. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture in to the pan and stir to combine. Fold in dill and goat cheese.
- Transfer into prepared dish. If asparagus is woody, lightly peel with vegetable peeler. Garnish the top of the frittata with asparagus.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and garnish with Smoky Cheeze, more dill and cracked pepper. Enjoy!