Sunday Brunchin' with a Vegan Frittata
Enjoy a slow Sunday brunch with this dill filled vegan plant based frittata that is full of flavour and creaminess. Get that protein in with a super blended mix of tofu and cashew milk seasoned perfectly with dijon, fresh dill, and smoked paprika.
Dig in! Bonus: Leftovers make for an excellent Monday lunch on the go!
Why Start the Morning with Protein?
A balanced breakfast is very important, and this includes protein. Having protein with breakfast can provide the amino acids your brain needs to function at an optimal level. This helps your brain produce norepinephrine and dopamine, helping to stabilize mood and providing energy to kickstart your day. Protein, especially with breakfast, keeps us feeling satisfied for longer, manages blood sugar levels, and increases energy levels. So, power up your breakfast with this Tofu packed Vegan Frittata.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium russet potato, cubed and parboiled
- 6 spears asparagus, chopped, save 2 for garnish
- 1 12oz package firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kala namak or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan goat cheese
- Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a deep set pie plate or 8-9 inch springform pan and set aside.
- Peel and cut potato, rinse and add to a small pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and cook onion until translucent. Add in garlic and chopped asparagus then add in cooked potato.
- In a blender, add tofu, milk, starch, nutritional yeast, and all the spices. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture in to the pan and stir to combine. Fold in dill and goat cheese.
- Transfer into prepared dish. If asparagus is woody, lightly peel with vegetable peeler. Garnish the top of the frittata with asparagus.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and garnish with Smoky Cheeze, more dill and cracked pepper. Enjoy!