Mother's Day Low Sugar Blueberry Cheezecake
With Mother's Day right around the corner, we're getting prepped to make this incredibly dreamy cheeze cake and reflecting on the invaluable wellness advice we've received from our mothers.
"My mom’s best wellness advice is that mindset is everything. She instilled in me the power of positive thinking because “what you think, you become”. To live a full life, focus on the good, believe that you have everything you need and that good things are always in store for you! I also keep this quote written in my kitchen as a daily reminder, “your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds, you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.” Tara Tomulka, Founder
Now let's eat some cake!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup graham wafer cracker crumbs
- 1 cup Rawcology Blueberry Granola, ground
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (room temperature)
- 1 cup frozen haskaps or blueberries dethawed
- Grease 8” springform and cut a circle of parchment for bottom of pan. Spray the pan with coconut spray or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix dry dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and then stir in melted butter and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 8” spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Once baked and cooled place in the freezer.
- In a high speed blender add all filling ingredients up to the haskaps. Blend until smooth. This should yield just over 4 cups of filling.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of cream cheese filling onto prepared crust. Tap several times to release air bubbles. Place in freezer and set for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile add haskaps into remainder cream cheese and blend until smooth again.
- Once middle layer is set, pour top layer onto it. Tap again and place back in freezer until ready to serve.
- Take out of freezer and place in fridge for approximately 4 hours before slicing. Use a hot knife to separate cake from springform pan. Use an offset spatula (or a knife) to smooth out any rough edges from separation.
- Use a very hot knife to cut slices. Wipe your knife between each slice to keep slices clean.