Perfectly Pink Strawberry Mousse
Do people "celebrate" Daylight Savings Time?
Well, we are. 🤩
It's sort of a thing, right? Although when the clocks spring forward we lose an hour of sleep, it's a welcome signal that those glorious longer days are on the horizon.
May we recommend this Perfectly Pink Strawberry Mousse as an excellent treat for this weekend.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (fresh works fine too)
- 1 tsp agar powder*
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 185 gram pack silken tofu
- 1 tsp beet crystals
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Rawcology Chocolate Granola
1. Add frozen strawberries to a small sauce pan. Allow strawberries to soften and break down using a wooden spoon to help break them down.
2. Add agar powder and maple syrup. Bring to boil and let simmer for several minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add to a blender. Blend on high until pureed.
4. Add silken tofu and beet crystals to blender and blend again.
5. Open a can of chickpeas, drain off the liquid into a bowl. Save chickpeas for another use.
6. Measure 1/4 cup of chickpea water and place in another bowl. Use electric hand mixer for about 5 minutes. Be patient. Add lime juice and whip for 2 more minutes. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the mixture will stick!
7. Pulse the strawberry mixture a few more times and then scrape into a separate clean bowl.
8. Fold in your whipped aquafaba. Transfer to jars and place in fridge for a few hours or overnight. The mousse lasts three days in the fridge.
9. Serve with whipped coconut cream or dairy free yogurt, top with Chocolate Granola or Coconut Chips and enjoy!
* What is agar powder you may ask? It's a naturally gelatinous powder sourced from red marine algae.