Plant-Based Caesar Salad
Enjoying the long weekend with a dish everyone can enjoy!!
Celebrating National Salad month with a healthy, well-balanced Cashew Caesar Salad. If there’s any recipe that’ll convince someone that they love salads, it’s this one.
Did you know that a head of romaine has more vitamin C than an orange?
4 cups romane lettuce, chopped
4 cups curly endive lettuce
1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
1/2 cup Rawcology Smoky Cheeze (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews *soaked overnight*
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp nori flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- Drain cashews and place into a blender.
- Add in remaining dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your preference.
- If you like your dressings more tart, add more lemon juice. IF you like it more garlicky, add more garlic.
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Place into a big bowl and pour 2-4 tbsp dressing over lettuce.
- Toss to coat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and and chickpeas and crumbled Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips on top.
- Season with cracked pepper.