Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
It doesn’t get much more old school than an old-fashioned oatmeal cookie.
Who said you can’t have cookies for breakfast? These walnut packed oatmeal cookies have a nutritious twist. They are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, high protein, and packed with minerals and antioxidants. We promise these cookies will make life just that much sweeter.
The Power of Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup gf oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax+3 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Cinnamon Coconut Chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Make flax egg by whisking water and ground flax together. Set aside to gel.
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Place parchment down onto a baking sheet.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut sugar. Add flax egg and whisk again. Add dry to wet ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Roughly chop Chocolate Coconut Chips and add to the cookie mixture along with the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fold everything together.
- Place cookie dough in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes.
- Shape cookies with your hands and place on the baking sheet. Cookies do not spread much so they should all fit on 1 sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Top with flaky sea salt and allow them to cool completely before enjoying.