Plant Based Crab Cakes
When you have a craving and you just have to make it happen!
Why do we love this recipe?
🌱 Chickpeas are packed with protein, fibre and gut friendly vitamins and minerals
🌱 Hearts of palm provide zinc, vitamin K and A (hello healthy skin and hair) and beta carotene.
Whip up these up with spicy mayo or lemon tahini sauce and you'll be wanting to keep these handy in the recipe rotation. Top with some superfood coconut chips for added nutrient crunch! 💚
✨ 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
✨ 1 can hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
✨ 1/4 cup aqua faba (liquid from chickpeas can)
✨ 1/4 cup vegan mayo
✨ 1 tsp lime juice
✨ 1/2 tsp celery salt
✨ 1 tsp dry dill
✨ 1 tsp dry parsley
✨ 1 tsp dijon mustard
✨ 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
✨ 1 tbsp dulse or nori flakes
✨ 1 tsp garlic powder
✨ 1/4 tsp salt
✨ 1/2 tsp white pepper
✨ 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
✨ 2 green onion, sliced
✨ 1/2 cup gluten-free panko
✨ 1 tbsp olive oil
✨ Rawcology Rockin' Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips
1. Pat dry the rinsed chickpeas and add to a food processor and pulse.
2. Drain off any excess water from the hearts of palm and add into food processor as well and pulse a few times keeping mixture course.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the aqua faba until you achieve a thicker consistency. Add to the food processor along with vegan mayo, lime juice, celery salt, dill, parsley, dijon mustard, nori or dulse, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, white pepper, bread crumbs and green onions and pulse.
4. Scrape the crab cake mixture into a bowl and taste for seasoning. If mixture is too damp add more bread crumbs. Place bowl into the freezer to set for up to 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat oven to 375F degrees.
6. Add 1/2 cup of panko into a small bowl. Form cakes with your hands and gently coat with bread crumbs. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place back into the fridge while the oven is pre-heating.
7. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Sear each side of crab cake until golden brown. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with tahini sriracha sauce and mixed greens and top with Rockin' Ranch Coconut Chips. Enjoy! 🌱