Plant Based Sweet Potato Gratin
Looking for new recipes for that holiday meal? May we suggest adding a sweet spin on the classic potato dish? She's real simple, real pretty and real delicious! This Plant Based Sweet Potato Gratin recipe will please the entire crowd and is dairy-free, gluten-free and plant based.
- 2 medium sweet potato, sliced 1/4” thick
- 1 small russet potato, sliced 1/4” thick
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 3/4 cup cup shaved parmesan & more for topping
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Pomegranate seeds to top
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray an oval baking dish or your desired baking dish with nonstick spray. Use a mandolin to slice potatoes. This keeps them the same size.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, nutritional yeast, arrowroot starch, 1 clove finely minced garlic, nutmeg, paprika, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and mix to coat well (mixing with your hands can work best!).
- Stack potatoes in an accordion style in a baking dish until all potatoes are used up. Pour remaining sauce over potatoes and cover with aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven for 50 minutes
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and pomegranate seeds, let cool slightly prior to serving, enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes