Protein Packed Warm Broccoli Salad
We love a winter one bowl dinner that is full of warmth, hearty protein, flavourful surprises and creamy goodness. Say hello to this new recipe for a Protein Packed Warm Broccoli Salad!
This plant-based, gluten-free, warm loaded salad is full of heart healthy vitamins from broccoli, squash and kale.
These little cruciferous vegetables have a strong nutritional profile, loaded with vitamins C, K, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fibre. It is low in calories but contains a high amount of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants that support many aspects of our health. Broccoli is:
🥦Rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
🥦Cruciferous vegetables contain insole-3-carbinol, which has powerful anti-tumor properties
🥦Anti-inflammatory properties helping to reduce inflammation
🥦Helps strengthen the immune system
🥦Helps detoxify the body
- 6 cups loosely packed kale leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 delicata squash
- 1/2 brick tofu patted dry and cut into cubes
- 1 broccoli crown broken into florets
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegan feta
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- Handful pickled onion
- 1/4 cup tahini dressing
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces and season with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper and place on baking sheet.
- Toss broccoli florets and tofu with oil salt and pepper and arrange on a separate baking sheet. Place everything into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Broccoli should look charred and tofu crispy. In the meantime, cook quinoa according to package.
- In a large bowl massage kale leaves with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Start layering your salad with quinoa, kale, squash, tofu, broccoli, feta and olives . Top with tahini dressing, and pickled onion. Enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes, Salads