Pumpkin Mac and Cheeze
Warm and hearty, creamy and comforting, Mac and Cheeze is just all around a crowd pleasing yumfest!
Here is a Thanksgiving recipe that takes this favourite pasta dish and makes it instantly festive. 🎃
It’s like a pumpkin hug, wrapped in a heated duvet, combined with rich creamy goodness you won’t even realize there isn’t actually any cheese in it. Like that feeling when you find money in your coat pocket from last winter.
In short: It’s going to make your day.
The table might be smaller this holiday season, but the food and gratitude will be plentiful. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend! 🧡
Key Nutrition Benefits:
- Packed with antioxidants which can neutralize free radicals, stopping them from damaging your cells.
- Great source of Vitamin A- strengthens immune system and helps to fight infection.
- It’s high inpotassium, vitamin C and fiber, which have been linked to heart benefits.
- Good source of many minerals, including copper, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc.
- Helps to decrease total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels, which ultimately supports a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
- Provides protection against atherosclerosis and heart disease
- Contains allyl sulfides, an anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting compound that slows the growth rate of cancer cells.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- 1 bag macaroni noodles
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups freshly roasted pumpkin puree
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- ½ cup cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Chili flakes
- 10 sage leaves + oil to fry
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a small pan cook garlic, onion and pinch of chili flakes. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender place pumpkin, cashews, cooked garlic and onion, plant-based milk, turmeric, nutritional yeast, cayenne, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Mixture will be thick and creamy! Add in up to 1 cup of pasta water (even more if you wish) to thin out.
- Add cooked pasta back into pot and pour sauce over noodles. Stir to combine.
- In same pan you cooked garlic and onion, add 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Place sage leaves in and fry for 30 seconds on each side. Place on paper towel to drain.
- Scoop Pumpkin Mac and Cheese into bowls and garnish with fried sage leaves and a drizzle of sage infused oil. Dig in and enjoy!