Pumpkin Seed Hummus
A delicious appetizer for the Fall season to be shared at family gatherings or as a seasonal spread to keep on hand in a pinch!
Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they’re packed with mighty nutrients. These little seeds are filled with protein, fibre, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and iron. These key vitamins and nutrients help with everything from promoting skin and bone health to energy production and immune function. Want to start to include more of these little wonders into your diet? Try our Pumpkin Seed Hummus packed with a full cup of roasted pumpkin seeds.
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds, parsley and Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips for toppings
- To roast the pumpkin seeds, place raw pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast at 350° F for 10 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Put the roasted pumpkin seeds in a food processor and process until they form a paste, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt and smoked paprika. Blend until everything is well combined, but not completely smooth.
- With the food processor still running, slowly add in the olive oil and continue to blend until smooth.