Pumpkin Seed Hummus
A delicious appetizer for the Fall season to be shared at family gatherings or as a seasonal spread to keep on hand in a pinch!
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds, parsley and Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips for toppings
- To roast the pumpkin seeds, place raw pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast at 350° F for 10 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Put the roasted pumpkin seeds in a food processor and process until they form a paste, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt and smoked paprika. Blend until everything is well combined, but not completely smooth.
- With the food processor still running, slowly add in the olive oil and continue to blend until smooth.