Spring Chickpea Pasta
Here is a hearty, flavour packed meal. It’s that good you might want to make extra so you have lunch leftovers the next day.
Pro Tip: The Kale Walnut Pesto for the pasta holds up in the fridge for 3 days and is delicious on a quick salad or falafel wrap in a pinch.
IngredientsKale Walnut Pesto
- 4 cups packed curly kale
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- ½ cup walnuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 small cloves garlic
- ½ tsp pink salt
- Cracked pepper
- Pinch of chili flakes
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 box Chickpea Penne (or any other noodle of choice)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch chili flakes
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 spears asparagus
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup kale and walnut pesto
- Handful of sprouts
- Vegan parmesan
- Pink salt and cracked pepper
- Rawcology Rockin’ Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add chilli flakes.
- Add-in onion and sauce for a few minutes. Add-in garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add in mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and a splash of pasta water.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, add-in asparagus and cook until they just begin to soften and are bright green.
- Add in kale pesto, cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Finally, toss in spinach. Add an extra tbsp of olive oil, sprinkle with vegan parm, taste for seasoning and finish with sprouts and our Rockin’ Ranch Coconut Chips. Enjoy! 💚
Tagged: Main Dishes