Spring Sweet Blueberry Salad
This delicious sweet spring salad is made with a mix of antioxidant filled blueberries, vibrant spring greens, detoxifying cabbage and rejuvenating cucumbers. It is drizzled with an easy to make balsamic vinaigrette, making it the perfect blend of sweet and savoury.
Blueberries are the star in this flavourful spring side dish. Blueberries are an excellent source of flavonoids. These antioxidants help to minimize inflammation, protecting your cells from oxidative damage that can lead to disease. They are high fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries can help heart health, bone strength, skin health, blood pressure, improve insulin sensitivity, cancer prevention, and gut health. They’re delicious, versatile, tasty in a smoothie, and a delicious addition to your salads.
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups radicchio thinly sliced
- 1/2 block tofu roasted
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup vegan goat cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Rawcology Blueberry Granola
- 2 -3 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- Handful sprouts
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch pink salt
- Place Ingredients into a jar, seal tightly with a lid and shake vigorously.
- Layer all the Ingredients into a mixing bowl and gently toss to coat.
- When you are ready to serve transfer into a serving bowl and sprinkle more granola on top.
- You can make little rolls with the cucumber for a pretty effect in your salad.
- Top it off with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy!