Vegan Matzo Ball Soup
Happy Passover to all that celebrate! 💛
Loving this Vegan Matzo Ball Soup recipe by @connoisseurusveg that we made.. yum! 💫
- ¾ cup matzo meal
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¾ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the matzo balls, stir the matzo meal, chickpea flour, tapioca starch, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in the milk and oil until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the bowl and chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes, while you begin the soup.
- To make the soup, coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil and place it over medium heat. Add the leek and carrot, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the carrot just begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for another minute, until very fragrant. Stir in the broth. Raise the heat and bring the broth to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Shape the matzo mix into 1-inch balls, pressing the mixture firmly together. Carefully drop each ball into the soup right after forming it.
- Allow the soup to cook, uncovered, at a low simmer, for 45 minutes. Do not stir. Carefully stir in the peas and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- When the soup is finished cooking, remove it from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully stir in the dill.
- Ladle into bowls and serve. 💚
Tagged: Main Dishes