Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Tahini Dressing
Rather than focus on what’s missing, focus on what you can add more of in your diet! More plants, more water, more fibre. 🌱💦
If you find it hard to eat salads in the winter, try this Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Tahini Dressing. Get the recipe below! 🌟
Benefits of Brussel Sprouts
They may be small, but these tiny cabbages are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients. Brussel Sprouts provide a significant amount of vitamin K, which plays a key role in blood clotting and bone metabolism. Brussels sprouts contain the antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), this compound helps to reduce inflammation, promote healthy nerve function, lowers the risk of heart disease, and may help insulin sensitivity. They are a great source of soluble fibre which feeds beneficial gut bacteria helping you digest better. Brussels sprouts are a well-rounded addition to any diet.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 medium candy cane beet, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head raddichio, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Place brussels sprouts in a bowl and mix well with garlic, coconut oil, salt and pepper. Pour the coated sprouts onto a baking sheet and allow them to roast for 15 to 20 minutes, checking on them and tossing them every 5 minutes. Once the sprouts have softened and are lightly crispy, they are done and you can remove them from the oven.
- While your sprouts cool slightly, make the tahini dressing. Add tahini, salt and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add water a little at a time, continuing to whisk, until you have a pourable sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- In a large bowl, combine brussels sprouts, sliced pear, sliced beets, and chopped radicchio.
- Toss with Tahini Dressing until well coated. Top with our Rockin’ Ranch Coconut Chips and pumpkin seeds. Serve and enjoy! 💕