White Bean Cabbage Soup
Our love for soul soothing soups runs deep! 🍲
This White Bean Cabbage Soup is hearty, filling, and filled with good for you nourishment. It’s the perfect cold weather meal and checks off all the boxes for healthy eating. With our fiber rich friend Cabbage and prebiotic pal Leeks, this soup is a healer for your gut and contains iron and manganese to energize and support cognitive function 🧠
BONUS, it also tastes delicious!
✨2 tbsp olive oil
✨1 medium onion, diced
✨3 cloves garlic, minced
✨1 medium leek, white and light green only, sliced
✨Pinch of chilli flakes
✨1/2 head green cabbage, sliced into 1/2 inch ribbons
✨1 yellow potato, medium dice
✨1 can diced tomatoes
✨3 medium carrots, quartered and sliced
✨4 cups vegetable stock
✨2 cups water
✨2 cups cooked white beans
✨4 cups baby spinach
✨Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add in onion, chilli flakes, leek and garlic and sauté for several minutes over medium high heat.
2. Add carrot and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add potato and cook for 3 minutes more. Add 1/4 cup water to get things moving. Add in the cabbage, diced tomatoes and mix everything together thoroughly. Add in stock and water. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and partially cover.
4. Allow to cook and bubble away for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Once vegetables are cooked through, add white beans and spinach. Taste to check for seasoning.
6. Simmer until spinach is fully wilted and then serve. Leftovers can keep in the fridge for 3-4 days or 3 weeks in the freezer. We also love topping this with our superfood Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips for a nutritious crunch! Enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes