Carrot Chipotle Coconut Milk GazpachoSeptember 25, 2017
Gluten Free + Vegan Apple Cinnamon MuffinsOctober 5, 2017
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Nachos with Cilantro Avocado Sauce and our Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips. This is healthy, fall comfort food at its finest. By swapping tortilla chips for thinly sliced sweet potato, you’ll be getting a much higher dose of nutrition in this meal. Sweet potatoes are incredibly rich in vitamin A, in addition to vitamin C and manganese. Interestingly enough, by including some healthy fats alongside the sweet potato, such as avocado and our Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips, you can help increase the full beta-carotene benefits of the vegetable. When in doubt, you can never go wrong with adding healthy fats to your meals for satiety, brain health, hormonal regulation and overall immunity. Top the sweet potato nachos with black beans for fiber and protein and serve with a Cilantro Avocado Sauce. We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Nachos
A hearty, nutrient rich and gluten free take on classic nachos made with a Cilantro Avocado Sauce! We suggest topping the recipe with our Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips for extra crunch and a pop of flavour.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup cilantro
- Juice from 1 ½ limes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cumin and pink Himalayan salt
- Water to thin, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until sweet potato slices are soft and golden brown.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, make the Cilantro Avocado Sauce. In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Add water to thin, as needed.
- Remove the sweet potato slices from the oven and top with remaining nacho ingredients. Serve with the Cilantro Avocado Sauce and a sprinkle of our Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips. Enjoy!