Spirulina Mint Chocolate Chia PuddingMay 23, 2017
Joyous Detox Chocolate Chia MousseJune 19, 2017
You’ve had traditional Caesar salad, you might have even had kale Caesar salad, but the secret to making the best Caesar salad? The grill. Usually kept exclusive for barbequing and corn, this summer we’re making it our mission to get outside and grill ALL the vegetables. First up, this Caesar salad featuring grilled romaine. Grilling the romaine with a touch of virgin coconut oil brings out the sweetness of the lettuce, while holding the crunch it has when raw. Try this recipe as a change at your next barbeque and we promise it will be a crowd pleaser!
For the dressing, we use raw cashews which are a good source of copper, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc. They are then soaked overnight for optimal digestion. Lastly, our Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips add an additional crunch and flavour kick that resemble croutons and bacon all in one.
Grilled Romaine Vegan Caesar Salad
Try this fun and delicious take on traditional Caesar salad. It's plant-powered, nutritious and includes our Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips!
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- Coconut oil, for the grill
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Vegan Caesar dressing (recipe follows)
- Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips
- ½ cup organic cashews*, raw, (recommended to be soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp ground mustard seed (or dijon mustard)
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- *can substitute pine nuts, almonds, or for a nut free alternative try sunflower seeds or hemp seeds
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight. Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the loose leaves from the outer layer of the romaine heads, ensuring that the inner leaves stay intact. Slice the heads in half lengthwise.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on high. If using a grill pan, rub coconut oil on the pan. If using a grill, rub coconut oil on the romaine heads.
- Place romaine halves on the grill, cut-sides down and cook until charred, approximately 5 minutes. Flip and cook for around 2 more minutes.
- Dress each romaine half with ¼ of the dressing and sprinkle Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips as croutons. Enjoy!